LEED certification verifies through a third-party that your commercial building design implements strategies to improve human and environmental health in the following areas:
- Location and transportation
- Sustainable site development
- Water savings
- Energy efficiency
- Materials selection
- Indoor environmental quality
For our loyal customers in the commercial construction industry, Access Doors and Panels selection of Fire-Rated access doors can contribute directly to your project's ability to achieve LEED certification, including:
- LEED-NC New Construction & Major Renovations (US)
- LEED for Schools (US)
- LEED-CI Commercial Interiors (US)
- LEED Canada-NC New Construction & Major Renovations
- LEED Canada-CI Commercial Interiors
Explore Our Collection of Fire-Rated Access Doors:
Facts About LEED Certification
- LEED certification accommodates a range of green building strategies.
- There are several LEED rating systems available, made up of prerequisites and credits, depending on your project's needs.
- Prerequisites are required elements or green building strategies that must be included in any LEED-certified project.
- Credits are optional elements or processes that projects can elect to gain LEED certification points.
- The four levels of LEED certification are Certified, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.